A human tooth comprises a hard enamel and is a strong structure. However, it may break because of a simple impact. Cracked or chipped tooth are a nuisance; constantly living in pain reduces the quality of life. If you have a cracked tooth, schedule an appointment with the dentist. But, if that’s not possible, read this blog to understand how to fix a cracked tooth naturally.
What Causes Cracked/Broken or Chipped Tooth?
A tooth suffers from fractures or gets a crack because of various reasons, and this condition is known as cracked tooth syndrome.
A chipped tooth is a common occurrence amongst children as well as the elderly. Here are a few reasons for this:
- As a person gets old, their teeth become weak, increasing damage susceptibility.
- Improper or large fillings which shake the base of the tooth.
- Biting or chewing hard foods such as candies, ice, or nuts.
- Impact because of car accidents; sports injuries, falls, etc.
- A tooth cracks up when peak hot or cold temperature edibles are consumed together.
How Can You Fix a Cracked or Chipped Tooth Naturally?
Fixing a cracked tooth naturally is not advised. It is a sensitive matter and best dealt by dentists. However, here are some home remedies for broken tooth pain relief:
- Remove plaque or any food particles left behind around the cracked tooth to naturally fix the pain.
- Keep an ice pack on the cheek for pain and inflammation.
- Bite a gauze over the cracked tooth for preventing pain.
- Keeping the head elevated during sleep is another way of pain relief.
- Warm salt-water rinse for bacterial removal from the site.
- Painkillers work well for relieving pain because of a chipped or cracked tooth.
- Clove oil can naturally fix pain caused because of a cracked or chipped tooth.
- If you want to get rid of a small crack or chip in the tooth, use a dental wax on edge. Wax prevents sharp edges of the tooth from damaging the mouth and soft tissues.
What to Not Do With a Broken Tooth at Home
- Pull out the broken tooth yourself.
- Filing off the edges to make them smooth with a nail filer or sandpaper.
Cracked Tooth Repair – Treatments
Chipped or cracked tooth repair depends on some criteria, which are:
- Crack size
- Symptoms and their severity
- Extension of the crack
After analysis, your dentist may choose any of the following treatments:
- Dental Bonding
- Crown placement
- Root canal
Fixing a cracked tooth naturally at home is not advised, and it is best to get a dentist’s service. They understand the complications and are equipped with the latest technologies to deal with every issue that might arise during or after the treatment. Contact Porter Smiles Dental for the best services in Porter, TX. Call 281 519 7200 for an appointment.